We are proud to be the first independent publisher to become an accredited Living Wage Employer. Read more about Living Wage employer status.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Production team in a new full-time role as a production assistant to work across all imprints. The role will report to the Senior Production Controller.
- Reprints: handling all stages of the reprint process for all imprints
- New paperbacks: assisting in all aspects of the production process
- Company schedules: creating and maintaining company production schedules
- Attending weekly production and prepress meetings, providing agendas and minutes
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Good organisational and IT skills
- Some knowledge of the print production process, which need not come direct from trade book publishing
- A basic knowledge of InDesign would be useful but is not essential, also of in-house company scheduling systems
- Have, or will develop, an interest in book design and typography too
Salary: £24,000 – 25,000 p/a
Apply by Tuesday 27 April to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASSISTANT MANAGING EDITOR – PART-TIME
Profile Books is an award-winning and respected independent publisher employing around 50 people. Our lists are growing, and as a result we are looking for an editor to work three days a week across the Profile Books, Serpent’s Tail, Viper and Souvenir Press imprints. Reporting to the Senior Managing Editor, the Assistant Managing Editor will be responsible for preparing all paperback and buy-in editions across our publishing programme, as well as compiling and implementing reprint corrections.
The successful candidate will have excellent copy-editorial, proofreading and organisational skills, be confident working with authors and colleagues and have an eye for detail. Key tasks in this role include copy-editing cover copy, proofreading covers, compiling preliminary material and liaising with authors.
This is a part-time position, working the equivalent of three days a week, and ordinarily (non-Covid) this would be in our offices near the Barbican in London. There are good public transport links – bus, underground and overground – and our office has facilities for those who can cycle to work.
Initial interviews will take place remotely but there will be an opportunity to meet face-to-face and to see our offices during second interviews.
Salary: £28,000-£30,000 pro rata
Closing date: 6th May
Please apply to email@example.com, giving details of your editorial experience to date, and your reason for applying for this position.
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER
Profile Books is one of Britain’s leading independent publisher employing around 50 people.
We publish fiction and non-fiction across three main imprints, Profile Books, Serpent’s Tail and Souvenir Press. Our publishing continues to grow and as a result we have an exciting major opportunity for someone to join our Sales Department in a new full-time role as Online Key Account Manager, reporting directly to the Sales Director and to work across all imprints and formats.
The salary will be competitive.
Key purpose of the role
· To develop and maintain Profile’s relationship with Amazon
· Help us meet ambitious targets for growth in our online sales
· To oversee selling and managing more than £3million turnover
· Drive turnover with Amazon for physical, ebooks and audio
· Setting prices, promotions, marketing and maintaining data feeds
· Play an active role in SMP (the sales, marketing and publicity team) to drive and respond to campaign activity
The successful candidate will have strong online sales background, specifically in Amazon Vendor Central and complimentary IT skills, detailed knowledge of book trade sales and an enthusiasm to be part of a dynamic team. Working with the combined sales, marketing and publicity department will be key.
Initial interviews will take place remotely but there will be an opportunity to meet face-to-face and to see our offices during second interviews. Please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may require when attending an interview.
It is expected that this role will be largely office-based once we are all able to return safely to places of work; we have been largely home-working during most of the last year.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org giving details of your experience to date and your reason for applying for this position.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 12th May.
Profile strives to be an equal opportunities employer.
We run 8 week long internship programmes and invite applications at various points during the year. Please check back to this page or follow us on social media where we will announce when we are open for applications. Our internships are paid at the London Living Wage rate.