Build Your Running Body (Paperback)
A Total-Body Fitness Plan for All Distance Runners, from Milers to Ultramarathoners
Build Your Running Body is a revolutionary and wide-ranging total-body running programme, written by a specialist team of running experts and based on the latest research in physiology and sports science.
Whether you're a casual jogger, a beginner looking to train seriously for the first time or an experienced runner hoping to improve your time, there is a better way to train than relentlessly pounding miles.
Suitable for runners of any level training for any distance, Build Your Running Body includes:
- Over 150 workouts, from weight-training to resistance work
- Exercises to prevent injury
- The best methods to rehabilitate common problems
- Nutrition guidance
- Almost 400 photos to make following the programme as easy as possible
- Interviews and tips from leading runners and coaches
- Strategy for the weeks leading up to a race
For the beginner or the athlete looking for a personal best, Build Your Running Body is a comprehensive guide of coaching wisdom and accessible advice.
Reviews for Build Your Running Body
Bob Anderson, founder of Runner's World
Bill Rodgers, four-time winner of both the New York City and Boston marathons
Alexandra Heminsley Independent
Plodding Along Nicely Blog
Outdoor Fitness Magazine
One Step Closer to the Edge
Sports Book Review